[CQ-Contest] Dead Horse

sawyered at earthlink.net sawyered at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 6 13:37:04 EST 2007

What's really a dead horse is the whole assisted discussion in general and now it is trying to "infringe" on those of us who don't want anything to do with assisted.

When we start saying that a non-assisted contester who is saying CQ Africa or CQ Alaska is actually now "assisted" through some convaluted logic, we are really heading down a slippery slope.

If a person could have done it 20 years ago "on the air" there is NO WAY that same action makes you "assisted" today.  The fact that some "assisted"s are trying to ditort into something in their world is "their" problem, not the poor chap trying to work his double mult in the last hour of a contest while he beams NW.

To compare that with "I need AK, ID, NT, EWA, and MT, please spot me" is a gross whitewashing of a more specific and serious problem.

Ed  N1UR