[CQ-Contest] CK in ARRL SS

Mike Fatchett W0MU w0mu at w0mu.com
Wed Nov 7 12:45:08 EST 2007

The ck should be a two digit number that is chosen prior to the contest.  I
would add that the ck should be changed from contest to contest and year to
year to discourage any after contest massaging of data or people using data
from previous years contests.

The year licensed has no bearing in the contest other than being a piece of
information to be passed.  Why would the Operator on the other end care if I
sent 01 or 99?  Copy what is sent.

I would also love to get to a place where the logs were locked after the
contest so you were unable to do anything with it.  The contest is over.
What is in the log is what you got.  If you have corrections you should be
fixing them during the contest not after as this could be considered
operating time, yes?