[CQ-Contest] Proposal: change CK in ARRL SS

Steve Harrisonusa k0xp at dandy.net
Wed Nov 7 12:58:25 EST 2007

>NO NO NO leave the rule alone PLEASE. The year first licensed
>carries some prestige. In my own case I would go from being a
>ham of 50 years to a ham of 10 years.

Agreed.

>I would like to propose a modification to the ARRL Sweepstakes
>rules, specifically:
>
>4.4. Check (the last two digits of the year you were first licensed);
>
>Can this be changed to "(the last two digits of the year the
>callsign used in the contest was first issued to the station)?"

If this were to come to pass, I'd still use the year I was first licensed.

>This would eliminate the confusion of what CK to send by multi-ops
>and school stations.

It shouldn't be any question at all: the year the station was first
licensed, is THE YEAR THE STATION WAS FIRST LICENSED.

What's so difficult to understand about that?????

That means that GUEST OPS should be using the YEAR THE STATION WAS FIRST
LICENSED. I've always looked askance at guest ops using their OWN year;
that's CLEARLY not what the present rule states.

How the heck can so many people misconstrue something that is ALREADY so
patently clear and obvious??????

Steve, K0XP