[CQ-Contest] Shall we argue how many Angels can dance on, the head of a pin?

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Thu Nov 15 11:30:36 EST 2007

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 20:52:13 -0500, Mike Coslo <mjc5 at psu.edu> wrote:

>We have a philosophy of encouraging worthy modes of operation, which is
>why we give CW contacts 1.5 and 2 points per contact (next year all CW
>QSO's will be worth 2 points) But we're encouraging CW, not giving a
>"head start" to CW Ops so to speak.

I'm all in favor of encouraging more operators and different modes,
but I don't think multiplying scores is a good way to do it. Your
policy would indeed encourage CW, but it would also have the effect of
discouraging phone. Is that what you want?

IMO, it is better to have separate classes for CW, phone and mixed and
let people enter what ever class they want.

73, Bill W6WRT