[CQ-Contest] 18-20 January 2008 --> The 13th CCF/OHDXF Contest/DX Meeting

Luoma-aho Pasi Pasi.Luoma-aho at sysopendigia.com
Mon Nov 19 10:15:26 EST 2007

*Welcome* to the 13th International Contest/DX Meeting on 18-20 January 2008 !

Join our traditional round-trip cruise on the Baltic Sea crossing 3 DXCC countries:
From Helsinki (OH) via Aland Islands (OH0) to Stockholm (SM), and back to Helsinki.

On our preliminary agenda :

* CN2R station design and evolution
* 4O3A station automation
* From D4B to D4C – Contesting from Cape Verde
* A troublesome DXpedition 3B6SP --> 3B7SP
* VP6DX Ducie DXpedition (Feb 2008) update
* FO/M Marquesas Islands DXpedition – Direct report from the Pacific
* RTTY Competing on high level
* ... etc.

For the avec's: Possibility to visit Stockholm (SM) on Saturday 19-Jan between 10:00-16:00 (local time).

For more detailed info of cruise packages, daytime visits (Saturday/Stockholm), time schedule, airline offers, how to register etc., go to
--> www.contestclubfinland.com

NOTE:
Many airline special offers from Europe to Helsinki (HEL) and Tampere (TMP) available right now for January 2008!  Some offers available *just this week* by Thursday 22nd November!  (Tampere --> Helsinki by train takes 1:30-1:45 hours, avg 26€/person.)

Early birds get the best cabins!  Registrate asap on our web form:
http://area.etapahtuma.fi/Default.aspx?tabid=2839 (Accesscode CCF08 + Login)
by 28-December-2007 at the latest!

Interested in hosting a Contest/DX/Club suite on board? --> Contact OH6UM/OH2IW (callsign at SRAL.FI)

73 es cu "/MM" in January 2008!

Contest Club Finland - CCF
OH DX Foundation - OHDXF

Comments from the 2007 cruise :

"My first time on the CCF cruise, and I really enjoyed it! Presentations were great with a wide spectrum of interesting topics. Everything together with the opportunity to meet your friends (and making new friends) is great. I will certainly join if there's a cruise in 2008!"
"S&%#TANA, it was very good!"
"There was a good balance between presentations and time for eyeball qsos."
"Cruise concept is excellent & good value."
"Presentations by experience + number of participants = lots of interaction"
"Keep it mixed - DX/Contest topics and tecnical topics, too."
"Keep on with your good work!!!"