[CQ-Contest] SO2R-SO1R from The Yukon??

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Mon Nov 26 11:45:45 EST 2007

There are several tutorials on SO2R at the TR Log web site:

http://www.trlog.com/tworadiosupp.shtml

At the very least, you will need some way to switch the keying/mic/audio
lines between the two radios, and some sort of bandpass filters.  The
most popular (in North America at least) commercial devices for this are
the Top Ten DX Doubler and the ICE 419A bandpass filters (one per radio).

Most SO2R setups also have some additional automation of computer-rig control
and antenna selections.  With computer-rig control, you can make sure that
the left radio in the logging software is the on the same band as the left
radio on the desk.  You can also use band decoders (such as those from Top
Ten or Elecraft) to automatically switch the bandpass filters on each radio
to the correct band.  Something like the Array Solutions SixPak can make
antenna selection/switching easier, but is not strictly necessary.  If you
do not use a SixPak, design a patch panel that has two jumpers - left
radio and right radio - and plug each radio into the antenna/band it's on.

I think SO2R would be a big deal in Sweepstakes. You can CQ on one
band while doing S&P on the other.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com