[CQ-Contest] WW CW wrong Zone sent?

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Tue Nov 27 09:13:48 EST 2007

It's not like the contest log checkers arbitrarily decide what they THINK
the zone should be. Firstly, if someone from VE2 Zone 5 actually went to the
time and effort to set up an operation in Zone 2, would they not submit a
log? Secondly, log checkers can and have contacted non-submitting stations
with abberant data to confirm.

Also, the multipliers are credit for having worked a zone. If you didn't
work a zone, you didn't work a zone.

That someone misled you into thinking you did is unfortunately, but it
doesn't change the fact you don't deserve credit for working a zone you did
not.

How could the answer be any different? If it was, then why on this green
Earth would anybody in Zone 4, 5 or 3 actually say they're in Zone 4, 5, or
3, the easiest to work zones from the most populous zones on the planet?

If the multiplier is for what the station says and not where the station is,
then next year, I'm in Zone 1 'cuz I'll have a monster pileup...

73, kelly
ve4xt