[CQ-Contest] SO2R-SO1R from The Yukon??

Mike Fatchett W0MU w0mu at w0mu.com
Wed Nov 28 10:38:40 EST 2007

Agreed Joe!

SO2R requires far more than just buying a neat little box.

SO2R is difficult to master.  There is a unique skill set that allows you to
do two things at the same time.

You will need decent antennas, bandpass filters, antennas that can easily be
shared, two amps, etc.

People have been doing SO2R for a long time.  Some of the hardware solutions
were not nearly as clean and easy to use as they are today.

Being able to listen on other bands is essential if you are a serious
competitor.  How else will you know when 10m will open?

The classification is SINGLE OPERATOR.  We have enough classes already.  If
you want to compete at a higher level,  SO2R ***might** be one way to
improve your score, putting up another tower and stacks on 15m **might** be
another.