[CQ-Contest] SOxR -- enough already

Tom Haavisto ve3cx at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 28 23:45:52 EST 2007

> For those who don't want to make the effort you can still
> enjoy the contest but, don't expect to beat someone who has put
> all the time and effort into becoming proficient at S02R.

I think you finally hit the nail on the head!  Being good at SO2R means you have spent a LOT of time with your radio(s) getting to that point - something that a "single radio contester just getting started" has NOT done.  In that time, you have also made improvements to your station, become better at "reading" the bands based on how they sound, understand what the greyline means, and a thousand other tricks that seem to never get written down and only come from experience.

SO2R is NOT for everyone, and its not a requirement to do well.  Just "one more tool for those that can use it".