[CQ-Contest] SO2R from Yukon

J. Allen PGI jallen at yknet.ca
Thu Nov 29 00:46:32 EST 2007

Hello All,

I have been very pleased at the depth and diversity of feedback which is
still being sent to me privately concerning my original request.   I would
like to put as much of this information together and post it somewhere
for others who consider two radio operation as a step to an eventual
multi-multi operation. I might even detail pits I fell into for others to
avoid.

The thread sure did drift from its original intent.  Let's sue for peace.
I would like to request the protagonists to agree to disagree and move on.

The principal concern is giving out the YT multiplier to as many people as
possible.  Yukoners often Search for periods without anyone Pouncing
on our "best" band, while the next higher or lower band yields even
fewer contacts as it opens.

I was hoping to give out a few more multiplier contacts on those modestly
open bands by two-radio operation and was asking for some
experienced SO2R ops to provide advice.  I have difficulty with
concentration, which must feed into the equation.  This may be just
an exercise in futility, but if even a few more can get the multiplier it
will be the effort.  Whether or not someone puts my entry in a different
basket makes no difference.

With luck, first SO2R steps may be taken this winter with first multi-multi
as early as next spring's contests.  We are hoping for an effective
multi-multi for 2008 SS.  If I can convince Bob and/or Eric, we may
practice with CQP.  The low sunspots will give us really 2-2 instead of
multi-multi, but it is a natural step from SO2R which I feel is the right
place
to start because it requires only commitment on my part, and guidance from
you, my friends.

Thank you for the help.

J.
VY1JA