[CQ-Contest] TQP vs CQ RTTY

Sandy Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Tue Oct 2 08:54:57 EDT 2007

So, we just tell everybody who can't find a spot to turn off the radio and
come back later???

There is no easy answer, particularly when all countries of the world don't
get the same allocations.

We as contesters often tell the non-contesters to recognize that activity is
good, that the contest is only so long, etc. etc. etc. If we can't take that
advice ourselves, are we not being the ultimate hypocrites?

Activity is good. Activity shows we actually do want our frequencies, as
opposed to non-contest times when it can be a stretch to find anybody on the
bands.

Chill, people. Celebrate that our bands are being used to their full extent.
Be understanding of people in areas that don't have the same allocations we
do. Understand that with a lot of activity comes the perfect opportunity to
exercise your ability to operate in heavy QRM.

And remember: even those organizations that developed band plans explicitly
point out that they are only meant to apply to normal situations and not to
heavy periods of activity.

73, Kelly
Ve4xt