[CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions

Paul T. Antos wb2abd at roadrunner.com
Fri Oct 19 22:56:09 EDT 2007

Clive wrote:

> So what the iambic operator doesn't seem to have is
> redundancy, because he took a short cut to sending CW by a
> method which imo has little to no value, but clearly has a
> demerit.

I have to admit that I don't have redundancy in this matter. Mark me down for a whole bunch of demerits. I made my first paddle for a homebrew TO keyer out of wood with TWO strips of aluminum because it felt and played better. There was no iambic at that time (that I knew of). Maybe a fat paddle is what I need.  I never ever heard anyone complain when I called them in a contest. Straight keys for SSCW, anyone?

I guess what we should all be railing about is what the best keyboard is for doing RTTY, huh?

Paul WB2ABD
SOC 764
(hey, I'm using up my self-imposed allotment of 6 yearly posts to this reflector rather quickly)