[CQ-Contest] USB to serial port devices

Alex Malyava alex.k2bb at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 15:20:11 EDT 2007

USB speed does not matter, you would not do any faster then 19.200 through
it anyway and that is far below the speed limit f USB interface.
I think all of them gonna work good for casual radio control and PTT/CW, the
problems start when you want to do FSK. Almost none of them support 5-bit
code, so you need to use EXTFSK dll. Other option - to use PCMCIA card with
real COM ports or put your notebook into docking station