[CQ-Contest] Low band antenna question

Joseph Feustle jfeustle at feustle.com
Tue Sep 11 11:18:43 EDT 2007

Hi, John.

I had one for several years. It was okay on 40, passable at times on 80,
and lousy on 160, even though it showed really neat SWR.

I have essentially the same space restrictions that you do. Replaced my
GAP with a HiGain HiTower. Love it. I put a bunch of radials underneath
it, including several for 160 that wind all over my back yard. It is a
much more efficient antenna than the GAP, and I get much better results.

Hope this helps.

73
Joe Feustle, N8JF