[CQ-Contest] SO2R in the sprint's

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 18:58:35 EDT 2007

But what you are referring to Randy, costs them more than what they imagine, by missing one caller, it very well could be the only mult that can/does/will hear them - and now because he didn't get an answer, is too busy making Qs to go back and try them again. In fact, sometimes that call is written down on a scap pad, to indicate that if heard CQing not to waste time trying him again.  Might be a whole lot more costly than considered.--... ...--Dale - WC7S in Wy> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:12:45 -0400> From: dbmcalpine at earthlink.net> To: k5zd at charter.net; w7why at verizon.net; cq-contest at contesting.com> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R in the sprint's> > Good point, Randy. I heard (and called) a number of guys calling CQ with no response other than a repeat CQ. I even heard loud stations call them with no response. Obviously, they were on the other radio and just never shut off the CQ machine. This is a prime example of how not to operate SO2R. BTW, I do not operate SO2R because I only have one antenna, a Butternut vertical.> > Come on guys, if u are gonna walk like a SO2R and talk like a SO2R, learn how to operate SO2R.> > 73,> > Dennis, K2SX> >