[CQ-Contest] CWSS and daylight savings time

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Mon Sep 24 13:19:57 EDT 2007

Uhh, that doesn't make sense at all.  Like Mal said, sunlight and
propagation (and the contest) run on UTC, not local time.  They haven't
changed relative to each other.  Why is that so difficult to understand?

I grew up in Minnesota, and this entire discussion reminds me of when
DST was first being debated in the legislature there.  Some rural
lawmakers were against it because they said the time change would
confuse the cows and they wouldn't know when to come in for milking.
Some urban lawmakers were against it because they said the extra hour of
daylight would burn the grass.  I'm not kidding ... you could probably
find these comments documented in the newspaper archives or even.

Dave   AB7E