[CQ-Contest] CWSS and daylight savings time

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Mon Sep 24 14:34:19 EDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 03:46:17PM -0000, N7MAL wrote:
> is GMT. DST has no bearing nationally or internationally when it comes to
> contesting. SS & CQWW start and end this year at the same time they did last
> year, and the year before etc.... The majority of the world, including where

Well maybe for you and the majority of the world but this year
the CQ WW SSB contest will finally be 48 hours for those of
us that live in the DST disadvantaged world.  I bet with that
extra hour I will finally be able to post a decent score.

But, won't this change in these contests screw up the
records. Sure, CQ WW SSB will be an hour longer but SS code
will be an hour shorter.  Seems like folks like you that do not
have DST will have a big advantage now in SS code.

I don't like it.... something needs to be done.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr