[CQ-Contest] SSCW DST and DOS and CT

Art Boyars art.boyars at verizon.net
Tue Sep 25 10:22:14 EDT 2007

Catching up with the thread, I see "how to" advice for undoing DST in Windows-based systems.  My shack computer is an old 488 PC that boots into DOS from which I run CT.  The machine does have Windows 3.1, but I think that does not matter.  Does DOS (6.something, I believe) do DST, and, if yes, how do I overide it?

That was the serious question.  Now, with tongue in cheek ...

With SS starting 1 hour later on DST and ending on time with the change to standard, does that mean I do will not have to so tightly wind up the spring motor on that old computer to run the whole contest?

73, Art K3KU