[CQ-Contest] Web Poll (Signal reports yes/no)

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Tue Apr 1 13:30:01 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim George" <n3bb at mindspring.com>

> It might be a silly rule, but it is a rule. As long as
> it is stated as a rule it should be complied with.

Some rules, as with some laws, lapse - even though they
are still on the books.

The acid test of any rule is to publicly break it, then
invite the authorities to penalise you or to admit the
rule is no longer in force.

It is "silly" to adhere to a "rule" that has long lapsed.
No one gets penalised in WPX for logging an "incorrect"
RST.  It is not cross-checked, for the simple reason that
there's nothing of value to check.

If no one is penalised this year, we will know for certain
that the rule is a lapsed rule in WPX.  Then, those who
prefer to mindlessly repeat 59(9) in every QSO can continue
to mindlessly repeat 59(9) in every QSO.  The rest of us
can, with a clear conscience, omit it.

73,
Paul EI5DI