[CQ-Contest] Announcing the 2008 Dayton Hamvention Contest Forum

Doug Grant dougk1dg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 12:37:22 EDT 2008

Here is the final program for the Contest Forum, to be held in Room 1
at the Hara Arena on Saturday, May 17, 11:45 AM to 2:15 PM.

Feel free to pass this along to your  club email lists, newsletters, etc.

The focus this year is on Contest Station Technology. We have some
fantastic speakers, and I'm really looking forward to it.

73,

Doug K1DG
- - - - - -

1. "Passing the NCJ torch" – Carl Luetzelschwab, K9LA; Alan Dewey, K0AD

A chance to meet the new editor, and thank the outgoing editor for his
years of service to the contesting community.

2. "When giants walked the bands - the early days of multi-multi" - Doug
Zwiebel, KR2Q

A look at the early days of this technologically-demanding category,
and the stations and operators of that era.

3. "SDR and Contesting - The Future is Now" – Pete Smith, N4ZR

A close look at the CW Skimmer technology, with a demo and some
results of live testing over several months.

4. "Beamforming on 160 Meters" - Victor Kean, K1LT

Beam-forming technology is commonplace in radar systems operating in
the microwave bands, but 160 meters? Come learn how DSP technology
makes it possible.

5. "Contesting with 28 Miles of Feedline" - John Battin, K9DX

The title says it all...John will describe the technology that allows
him to use his remote station in contests.

6. "The Great 2008 Contest Technology Debate" – Barry Merrill,
W5GN, and Bob Naumann, W5OV

Since this is an election year in the U.S., we have seen numerous
debates among the candidates. This time, it's our turn to have a
debate on some of the controversial topics in Contesting.