[CQ-Contest] Subject: "Reverse Beacon" Progress Report

k2kw-8 at adelphia.net k2kw-8 at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 17 09:39:56 EDT 2008

>Many people have
> reported sending CQ with their antennas pointed in the appropriate
> direction and seeing themselves "spotted" with seconds.

I fear one of the most enjoyable parts of contesting are gone:  the thrill of tuning across a rare mult calling CQ for the first time, and you nab him on first call since the packet pileup hasn't hit yet.

Or when a rare mult is CQing under a bunch of big guns, yet you call the mult and work him through the big guns since the mult can't hear them.

If Skimmer responds so quickly, packet pileups will too.

Sigh.

Kenny K2KW

This message was approved by someone who will benefit from Skimmer from time to time too.