[CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer

Tod -ID tod at k0to.us
Tue Apr 22 10:12:53 EDT 2008

I want to line up on Randy, K5ZD's team, for this debate.

His last sentence summarizes his thoughts [and mine] perfectly"

> Anything that gives you calls and frequencies (and did not
> come from your own knob twisting and
> ears) is assisting you in your operation and providing an advantage.

I also endorse his P.S. and would add to it -- " in fact, it doesn't even
occur to them to cheat"

Since we have already solved the packet use matter [unlimited or assisted
category] I had thought the skimmer solution was obvious and was a bit
puzzled why it continues to be discussed. But then, discussing whether one
should send nnRST or just nn as an exchange went on for many days.

Tod, K0TO