[CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Wed Apr 23 09:49:29 EDT 2008

> If everyone is allowed to use skimmer, how would that
> change the status quo. The elite stations in the best
> locations would have the same tool, with the same
> advantage they had before. To me all this does is
> raise the cost for the little guy.

The significant advantage of Skimmer - particularly in a
DX contest, will be to narrow the significant multiplier
advantage of those in favored locations.  It will allow
the "disadvantaged" stations to find those relatively
rare multipliers with short openings that might otherwise
be missed due to a focus on rate.