[CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer

Randy Thompson k5zd at charter.net
Fri Apr 25 07:02:56 EDT 2008

Joe,

You seem to have a real passion for the skimmer and technology.  Also a real
opinion on how Skimmer should be allowed for single ops.

Since I don't recall working you in any CW contests, you are the perfect guy
to conduct an experiment and provide us with some real data.

The WPX CW contest is coming up at the end of May.  It has no rule regarding
the use of skimmer (yet).  Why not set one (or more) of them up at your
station and use them in the contest.  Then report back how many of your QSOs
were found by the skimmer vs those you found by running or by your own
tuning.

Would be an interesting data point for this discussion.  Would also be a
good demonstration of how viable running skimmer during a contest would be.

Randy, K5ZD