[CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer

K0HB k-zero-hb at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 25 22:44:45 EDT 2008

> Any attempt to marginalize skimmer by forcing its users into
> as "assisted" category is nothing more than a petty attempt
> by the elite and those who benefit from favored locations to
> maintain the status quo and deny otherwise top operators a tool
> that might give them a compensating advantage.

Elite?  Are you serious, Joe?  I'm an old grey haired (what few hairs
remain) dude with two overworked hearing aids just struggling to stay in
the game!

Favored location?  I live in a noisy suburban location, deep in the depths
of the "black hole of RF".   This is where Diana Moon Glompers, the
Handicapper General, would send the "otherwise top operators" you mention
to "level the playing field" and "compensate for their advantage."

Good luck on this one now!

73, de Hans, K0HB