[CQ-Contest] Rule Change Debate on Skimmer

n6tj at sbcglobal.net n6tj at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 28 20:15:05 EDT 2008

I just had, pardon the expression, an EPIPHANY.

Let those who love skimmers and so want to (1) market and sell them, or (2)
advance the technology, because they think they're really contributing to
the salvation of the human race, or (3) merely have fun with them:

Use the non-contest periods to fill up all the CW bands,  calling and
spotting each others'  calls until all their little bandmaps are
super-saturated.  Just think of it, you really don't even have to QSO
anyone!!  Your skimmer couldn't care less.  In fact, you don't even have to
use real calls.  Just send and send random calls ad infinitum.  What could
be more fun?

And when the contests actually start, hopefully the skimmer zealots will be
so worn out and satiated with their many hours of joy, they won't mind if
the rest of us contest in peace..............

Vy 73

Jim Neiger   N6TJ