[CQ-Contest] the SECOND GENUINE advantage with Skimmer (still no joke)

kr2q at optimum.net kr2q at optimum.net
Mon Apr 28 20:02:31 EDT 2008

I'll assume that Dave (TTT) and others have it correct in that Skimmers will be directed into
spotting nets (packet/internet/etc) when used by whomever ends up being allowed to use
it (minimally, multi-op and assisted entrants).

Therefore, more GENUINE ADVANTAGES of Skimmer will include:

1.  Fraudulent (prohibited) self-spotting will be unnecessary.  K1TTT will be "out of
business" in terms of reporting self-spotters (I hope).  I must admit that I always enjoy
reading his analyses, though.

2.  Cheerleader squads will no longer be necessary, nor will they provide a potentially
unfair advantage to those stations who are spotted less often.

de Doug KR2Q