[CQ-Contest] CW Skimmer is a crutch

Paul Mackanos - K2DB k2db at k2db.org
Mon Apr 28 21:24:23 EDT 2008

I guess if you want to register it at $75.00 and find out it is slower than
your brain, go for it.
I downloaded it, looked at it, commented that it was neat, un-installed it.
Any CW decoder is slower than your brain, end of story, top cw ops won't use
it.
If you want to operate CW casually or in a contest, do what the real cw ops
did - learn it!
Don't use a crutch and guess. Here is why I said that:
If you don't know the code in the first place, how do you know it is
decoding right?
I wonder if the Kansas City DX Club will let you use it in their DX Pile-UP
contest at Dayton? ( I would say no, they make you use a pencil and paper,
gee that makes you use your brain.)

Paul K2DB