[CQ-Contest] Cheerleader squads (was: the SECOND GENUINE advantage with Skimmer (still nojoke))

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at pclink.com
Tue Apr 29 14:49:00 EDT 2008

> 2.  Cheerleader squads will no longer be necessary, nor will they provide
> a potentially
> unfair advantage [sic] to those stations who are spotted less often.
>
> de Doug KR2Q

I agree with Doug. When cheerleading reports are posted after a contest, it
makes interesting reading. But during the contest (if I'm entered in
assisted category) I question how much or how little should I spot? Do I
spot everyone, the loudest stations, the weakest stations, my club members,
rival club members, my buddy down the street, or a combination of
ingredients unlike a doctors prescription?

The "cheerleading" and "top spotters" has seriously diminished my desire to
spot anything. And when I do spot something, I wonder if I'll be showing up
on a list somewhere.

So... just what are the guidelines if you're running SOA and want to spot
stations?

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN