[CQ-Contest] Contest Robots and Logging

David Kopacz david.kopacz at aspwebhosting.com
Wed Apr 30 15:17:49 EDT 2008

When operating contests at 6Y1V, we always submit the logs exactly as
they are after making the final Q. Logs are never reviewed or modified
after the fact...EXCEPT, after submitting to the contest robots.

On two separate occasions, I have been forced to either delete or
correct one or more entries in a log in order for the robots to accept
the log via email. Isn't it an unacceptable practice to delete or
correct a log entry after a contest? Why don't the robots simply accept
the log as is, mistakes included?

I would like to end with one comment about Gerry Hull's (W1VE) live
scoring system. It certainly permits the contest sponsors the ability to
see if logs have been manipulated after the contest has ended.

David ~ KY1V