[CQ-Contest] Spotting Errors

Jan Erik Holm sm2ekm at telia.com
Wed Dec 3 01:03:46 EST 2008

This is what I do too. Since I usually have a big or at least decent
signal I can crack any pile-up quite fast. Instead of waiting I just
call these jokers instead, it´s faster. Many times it will be a
dupe, sure many times it will be a dupe but I´m not the one that
gets the dissadvantage.
It´s a paradox, people get these short vanity calls and even so they
never give it but every 5 minutes or so.
Callsign should be given IMO every second QSO or more.
Of course it doesn´t matter how much we rant about it, I´ve seen
it getting worse and worse for the past 40 years and I´m deadly
sure it´s going to continue.

/ Jim SM2EKM