[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contests

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Wed Dec 3 19:36:14 EST 2008

Sean,

The answer to your question is obvious.  In SS, multipliers are *ARRL
SECTIONS*.  Newfoundland and Labrador are combined in the ARRL Operating
Organization; i.e., they are one section.

This does not explain why ARRL DX has them separate, but it explains why
SS does not.

Section do not exist to be multipliers; they exist to administer the
ARRL Operating Organization and so sectional geographic boundaries are
established to that end.  Otherwise, why would we have "West Central
Florida" and why would Guantanamo Bay count as the Virgin Islands?

Dave/K8CC