[CQ-Contest] EZ4EBL

Alfred Frugoli ke1fo at arrl.net
Fri Dec 5 16:48:57 EST 2008

I've gone back and forth on this one.  At first, I thought it was a rather
innocent question as it was asked in terms of DXCC credit, not about the
contest.  But after I thought about it more, and read Hank's comments, I
don't feel it's an appropriate discussion even after the log deadline.  from
the DXCC rules at http://www.arrl.org/awards/dxcc/rules.html:

*6. All contacts* must be made with amateur stations working in the
authorized amateur bands or with other stations licensed or authorized to
work amateurs. Contacts made through "repeater" devices or any other power
relay methods (other than satellites for Satellite DXCC) are invalid for
DXCC credit.

Last time I checked, this reflector wasn't accessed using an amateur
station, nor is it within the authorized amateur bands.

73 de Al, KE1FO

-----
Visit my amateur radio contesting blog at ke1fo.wordpress.com.