[CQ-Contest] cqww cw spotting report

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 6 09:14:32 EST 2008

I've been contesting from a small station, for a number of years,
and I echo your comments David,
Why bother... what good does it do... and to me, it begs an answer for
Have the contest participants become so ultimate and extreme in their
striving for "best" so they may boost thier own self that it is a "do all"
and the end justifies the means... ? ?  What has happened here?
Does winning mean so much, that ethics doen't matter?
Does ethics not hold any value now?
And last... but I am pretty sure not the end of this ...
Has this lack of ethics spread to any...any other arenas.... including your day job..
family...  or over all life? And if the answer to that is a resounding no... then
what is the excuse to do it in contesting? Is it that contesting is in such low regard
that a lack of ethics is allowed... then why bother... if it is so low... then why bother?
 Dale - WC7S in Wy

PS.. I do have a significant number of certificates that I am proud of... and no a single one of
them was obtained by cheating or bending the rules.
The stack is about 6 inches high, without frames.> > As a newer contester, I'm really amazed at how anyone can get satisfaction> from doing well when they cheat.> > > What you do during a contest is a personal accomplishment whether it's as an> individual or as part of a team.How can someone feeling any accomplishment> if they self spotted themselves? It would be like running a marathon and> stopping your stopwatch 1 mile before you reached the finish line in order> to say you ran your personal best.> > David - K2DSL>