[CQ-Contest] The contest is over

Tim Duffy K3LR k3lr at k3lr.com
Sat Dec 6 14:42:57 EST 2008

Randy has always tackled timely discussions with special directness. What
better way to help relate the logging ethics experience, than from K5ZD who
is one of the very best contest operators in the world?

Radio Contesting is largely dependant on individuals playing fair. It is
mostly a "self refereed" sport. With that in mind, it's up to all of us to
play by the rules in the spirit of good and fair competition. I believe that
everyone tries to do the right thing, however we all share the
responsibility to guide and coach the new and not so new contest operators.
Sometimes what is obvious to us may not be so obvious to another guy. If
something seems out of sorts to you - question it.

Life is about learning and sharing. The sport of radio contesting parallels
real life in so many ways.

Step back and remember just how lucky we are to enjoy friends and radio
contesting.

Help others do the right thing. We all have a responsibility to take care of
the contesting hobby we love.

Very 73!
Tim K3LR