[CQ-Contest] self help during contest

kr2q at optimum.net kr2q at optimum.net
Mon Dec 8 12:00:59 EST 2008

I don't think it is a loop-hole at all.  Multi-ops, as far as I know, have ALWAYS had the
ability and option to have more than one op per operating frequency.  In other words,
if N2AA is running on 7001, it was not uncommon to have two ops listening to 7001.

I know that I did that when I was M/M.  It was not uncommon for each of the two ops to
either share the callsign that "they" copied (and it was always amazing to me how two
guys would copy separate stations), or they could "help" each other to get a single callsign
right.  When the pile up is that big, there are plenty of calls to copy and having two heads
copying just keeps things boiling at a higher rate.

I haven't done M/M in about 20 years, but isn't this still a reasonable practice for multi-ops?

de Doug KR2Q