[CQ-Contest] post contest log review

kr2q at optimum.net kr2q at optimum.net
Mon Dec 8 15:03:57 EST 2008

Yes, M/M was not the target of the original discussion.  To get us back on track,
here is a snippet from my original posting.

[start snippet]

[[Opinion]]
By the way, when you review your log after the contest, you are, in effect, adjudicating your own log.
Adjudication is the role of the contest sponsor, NOT the entrant.

[[Fact]]
Is it in the rules?  Not exactly.  Here is what it says in the CQWW Handbook, 1994 Edition on page 45,
Item #10, sub-item 1.

[snip]
1. Can I change a call sign in my log after the contest is over?
No. All you can do is remove bad calls and duplicates.
[end snip]

[[opinion]]
Of course today, no contest sponsor wants you to remove duplicates from your log and I would wager
that nobody wants you to remove a BAD call from your log either (as opposed to fixing a typographical
error such as "KP2A08" in CQWW, all entered into the CALLSIGN field of your logging program ).

[end snippet]

There...I hope that re-scopes the discussion.  :-)

de Doug KR2Q