[CQ-Contest] 2007 Stew Perry Plaque (Rookie)

David Wilburn dave.wilburn at verizon.net
Mon Dec 15 15:55:02 EST 2008

Wanted to say thanks to the Boring Amateur Radio Club, and AE6RF for
the nice plaque.

I jumped into the Stew Perry contest last year, it was my first 160m
contest, and only about my 3rd on CW.  The exchange was kicking my
butt pretty hard at first, as I had never done anything with grid
squares, but eventually I got into the rhythm.

The plaque say, "You've got hear rookie 3rd lowest first time score" -
K4DGW (my previous call).

I got the point, with quite a chuckle, but didn't quite understand
what it was saying, till I looked at the 2007 SP results website.

You’ve got heart rookie (3rd lowest first time score)
             K4DGW

Boy, that T at the end of hear gives it a whole new perspective.

I am very proud of the plaque and it will go on the wall tonight.
Thanks again AE6RF for the plaque, and BARC for the great contest.
Now I can try for the K3 plaque!

73

Dave Wilburn
NM4M