[CQ-Contest] Public Logs

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Thu Dec 25 09:16:56 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/25/2008 8:25:20 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
w3pp.dallas at gmail.com writes:

The one  point that I have not seen proffered is,
if the logs have been adjudicated  by the contest committee, why would you
want/need to see them.  In  other words, what's in it for you to see my logs?

In checking my logs, I can see from your log how I got a busted qso, or  with
the LCR category of "busts you caused in other people's log", what happened
to cause that.

For example, in reviewing PJ2T's 2007 CQWW CW LCR, we had caused several
busts in other people's logs with qsos on 20 meters about an hour into the
contest. We left 20 about ten minutes into the contest, so this was a bit  odd.
However, I looked at PS2T's log, and Voila!, there were those listed  calls in
his log.

And that is how we did not work W3LPL on 20 meters that year. ( I wonder if
that was caused by a busted packet spot?).

73  - Jim   K8MR

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.