[CQ-Contest] Using ON4KST-chat

Marijan Miletic s56a at bit.si
Fri Feb 1 06:58:19 EST 2008

K5TR: How do you think it would go if you showed them a radio but then
called someone
up on your cell phone to get someone on the radio so you could make a
demonstration contact.

George, some 20 years ago I made HF demo to youngsters in the club with
FT-990 and tribander.
I used PC and RTTY and I was blessed with good condx.  Few USA followed by
JA DX thrilled me.
I tried my best to convey enormous love for ionosphere and technology but
they stayed blaze!

I realized then that we can only get new blood in contesting if we sell it
as high tech game.
Even then hamlets complain that it is hopelessly slow.

I fill single band contest time void by reading email, surfing and more
recently chating.
I preffer search & pounce mode but not schizophrenic SO2R.  RTTY SO2V is
nice.
Calling endless CQ was best described by WWYC LZ as feeling like hotel
doorman.
I am having fun with radio since 1962 only during contest weekends with
occassional wins!
Lot of tech work during the week.  Roof climbing even on contest night time.

There might be believers in the simpler flat world, especially in Texas :-)

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU, MSc EE retired