[CQ-Contest] To Skim Or Not To Skim...

Eric Hilding b38 at hilding.com
Sun Feb 10 07:16:38 EST 2008

I (K6VVA) had written:

>> Observed Skimmer use flags a field in the sponsor's log
>> processing database so that post-contest submitted logs are
>> auto-designated as "Skimmer" category entries.  Think realtime scoreboard
type stuff.

Barry, W2UP, responded:

Problem with flagging a field in the log is Cabrillo is a text file and
easy to view and edit.  If the log file is submitted as a binary, then
it would be a lot more difficult to overcome.
Barry W2UP
----

No---please re-read--- the flagging is done 'in the sponsor's log processing
database' which the Contest op can NOT screw with !!!

I originally considered just the Cabrillo file, until I also realized the
Contest Cheaters would have a ball with that approach.  Interesting
suggestion about a binary log submission.

73...

Rick, K6VVA