[CQ-Contest] Compact rigs for contesting and portable operation?

John Geiger n5ten at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 20:37:38 EST 2008

Another good mini mobile HF/VHF/UHF on the used market
is the Yaesu FT100D.  I have used one for my main base
rig (and for roving/mobile operations) off and on for
the last 5 1/2 years, and find that it has a better
receiver than the 857/897/706 series.  In the D model,
you get the CW filter and TCXO standard, and should be
able to find one for $550 or so.

73s John AA5JG