[CQ-Contest] [NCCC] DUMB CUT NUMBER

Alan ad6e00 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 18:21:52 EST 2008

This sort of thing cannot be put on the backs of contest sponsors. They are
unsung heroes as is and don't need any more grief. How could they possibly
monitor everyone for such infraction? It's not practical.  Those who engage
in poor operating practices wind up with lower scores just naturally.

What IS practical is for YOU to take matters into your own hands and keep
asking  AGN?  as often as it takes.  If you get no joy, don't log the Q.
Enough of that by enough people will get the message across quickly and
effectively.

BTW, cut numbers have been around in the commercial and ham worlds for
decades. This is nothing new.  However, I believe recent extensions such as
AK go beyond my acceptable bounds. The problem is that everyone has their
own bounds.  I don't mind 5NN.

Just for fun, I'm logging all exchanges exactly as sent .. including the one
guy sending AK. We'll see if any dings result. I doubt it.

73, Al  AD6E
SOC #351   AGN?      it works!