[CQ-Contest] Copying

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Mon Feb 18 15:08:14 EST 2008

Radiograms are coded with numbers but even when sent on CW should be
spelled out - e.g. ARL FORTY SIX, not ARL 46. This is the opposite of cut
numbers.

I can take some cut numbers when I'm expecting them.  I don't have trouble
hearing "NN", "NNN", "ATT" or "K" or "KW" and typing in the appropriate
numbers in my log. Actually, when I hear "K" or "KW", I just enter that in
the log. I have to admit the "AK" and "2K" did throw me this year.

When in a contest using serial numbers, sometimes it takes a bit of time
for them to filter through the old noggin, though.  When I hear "ATNE" it
takes me maybe 15 seconds (or is that AE seconds?) to decode it and type
"1095" in my log.

73, Zack W9SZ