[CQ-Contest] Regarding Check Numbers...

Steve Sacco nn4x at embarqmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:53:16 EST 2008

If we can chose the check number, wouldn't it make sense for everyone, on least on CW to chose "55"?

In any event, it would be logical for everyone to use the same number.

I'm pretty sure the reason for using the "first licensed" number is to force the use of *different* numbers, and make the exchange a tiny bit more challenging.

*sigh*...

Maybe it's me, but contesting seems to be developing into something indistinguishable from a courtroom full of lawyers trying a case, and the cleverest lawyer "wins", regardless of the merits of the case.

73,

Steve NN4X