[CQ-Contest] W0RAA's Brilliant Suggestion

Eric Hilding b38 at hilding.com
Wed Feb 20 11:51:00 EST 2008

Barry, W2UP, wrote:

>I can see it now - cut letters:

>A = L

>E = H

>T = Q

One reason I indicated the ultimate time saver might be one dit (E), two
dits (I) and three dits (S) for HP, LP & QRP J

However,  in the NS practice session just before the last CW Sprint, I used
the cut letter (E) for my name - the first letter of my legal name.  It was
the shortest cut name in Sprint history, but  did not meet with unanimous
approval (more like a ZERO rating). Everyone on the post-NS net said to
ditch the (E) and use my regular nickname.  So much for cut letters ;-(

Paul, EI5DI, has the right idea about axing the useless 5NN, which some of
us have been suggesting for years.

73.

Rick, K6VVA