[CQ-Contest] Good contact, back to you

Robert Naumann w5ov at w5ov.com
Sat Feb 23 07:53:15 EST 2008

I had the same thought at first. However, I think that either Sean forgot
what really happens, or an editor got to what he wrote and made it "nicer".

Here it is:

PJ2T: CQ Contest, CQ Contest, Papa Japan Two Tango, Contest
KX9X: Kilowatt X-ray Nine X-ray
PJ2T: Kilowatt X-ray Nine X-ray, you're 59 Kilowatt, QSL?
KX9X: QSL, you're 5-9 Connecticut, QSL?
PJ2T: QSL, thanks. QRZ, Papa Japan Two Tango.

Here's reality:

PJ2T: Papa Japan Two Tango, Contest
KX9X: Kilo X-ray Nine X-ray
PJ2T: KX9X 59 KW
KX9X: 59 Connecticut          (or maybe: 59 Charley Tango)
PJ2T: Papa Japan Two Tango    (or maybe: Thanks, Papa Japan Two Tango)

There are way too many unnecessary words in the example in QST.

73,

Bob W5OV