[CQ-Contest] Canadian license without Canadian *mailing* address

Patrick STODDARD lists at wd9ewk.net
Sun Feb 24 13:41:56 EST 2008

Hi!

I've followed the thread about Canadian licenses.  I live in
Arizona, but decided to write the exams for my Canadian license
in 2002 (Basic and Morse) and 2003 (Advanced) after making many
regular trips to Vancouver and wanting a regular call up there
instead of WD9EWK/VE7.  In the past, Industry Canada would allow
a non-Canadian address in the Canadian callsign database:

http://www.rac.ca/callbook/

In August 2006, the rules changed, and a Canadian address had
to go into the callsign database.  I called Industry Canada,
and they explained I could still have a separate mailing address
with the Canadian address in the database.

If you look up my VA7EWK call at the link above, there is a
Canadian address with an asterisk before the street address.
Industry Canada told me that indicates there is a separate
mailing address on file, which is something they allow.  If
I ever file another application with Industry Canada - i.e.,
changing my call or obtaining additional calls - I would need
to put the Canadian (station) address on the application and
attach a short letter with my non-Canadian mailing address.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix, Arizona USA
http://www.wd9ewk.net/