[CQ-Contest] Public access to logs

Mike Baker mbaker at chisox.com
Fri Feb 29 15:19:27 EST 2008

Dave, K1TTT wrote:
<< Are you afraid we will learn your secret operating strategy?  Or why
else
would you not want your log available?? >>

Actually Dave, that's exactly why. What's wrong with that?

Speaking as a serious competitor and not a casual contester, I don't
want my log analyzed by my competition in zone 3 unless I decide to
share it with them. I have spent most of my career operating from
California, and I have discovered several odd band openings to various
parts of the world that can give me an advantage in battle. Back in the
day one of my (O)ld (T)imer contest elmers once told me "keep that info
under your hat kid. That's your edge. Let them find those openings on
their own". Maybe I'm a little old school but I don't want ANYONE to
know where my second radio is lurking.

 This isn't the company picnic here where we're sharing secrets on
winning the potato sack race (there is a trick ya know), we're competing
right? Some of us fiercely.

If there is a question about my log or operating I'm confident that the
Contest Committee will take care of it.

Mike, NT6X

Mike Baker

Scout - Area Supervisor

Chicago White Sox Professional Baseball Club

312.674.5656  x2605

mbaker at chisox.com