[CQ-Contest] RTTY Reflections

steve.root at culligan4water.com steve.root at culligan4water.com
Mon Jan 7 13:32:51 EST 2008

And while were on the subject....
Why send 5NN instead of 599? This isn't CW.
What's with all the CR/LF stuff? I need to see your section before you scroll it off my screen.
What's with the LDC's (long delayed responses)? Some guys wait 15 or 20 seconds before answering your CQ. Why?
Why link Buckmaster into a contest exchange so you can send "TU (STEPHEN) etc.". The only one who calls me "STEPHEN" is my Mom and that's how I know I'm in big trouble (:
I know what my call is. Why send it back to me 6 times?
Why send "VIRGINIA" when you can send "VA" and let me "grab" it with the mouse?
Enough ranting. In general I think there was a big improvement this year over last year. Shorter snappier exchanges were much more common, and only a few guys persistently called off frequency. I only had one guy call me "upside down". Activity was great even if conditions weren't (no DX from behind the Black Hole).
73 and thanks to everyone for all the Q's. It was fun!
Steve K0SR